question

andy156 avatar image
andy156 asked

Quattro 10kva not reconnecting after a grid failure.

Hi, I have a Quattro 10000. Quattro 48/10000/140-2x100,id 2653 firmware v506. I updated to 508 and it didn't help. I notice v509 is an update for Quattro II that don't connect to grid for no reason. Could it be related?

Its connected in series so it provides all the house services. This morning we had a grid failure likely caused by the high wind. After the first drop out and recovery it didn't reconnect to the grid. Now when I look at the L1 input stats there is a steady 240v and 50.1hz. However the Quattro will not reconnect to the grid. It tries and instantly drops out. If I bypass the Quattro then everything in the house seems to be working ok. I have a solar edge on AC and it starts working fine.

When I went in with the Ve bus there wasn't any reason for it not to connect.

The green lines below are grid voltage. It's now plotting correctly. The red is when the house was using the grid. Since then the Quattro won't resync.

screenshot-2024-02-03-at-084400.png

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerquattro 10kva
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
andy156 avatar image
andy156 answered ·

Some further info:

In the past I had the grid connected on AC IN 2 and it has worked fine through a few power cuts up until now. I have now disconnected the grid from AC IN 2 and connected to AC IN 1. After reconfiguring from generator to grid it works just fine. I went back to AC IN 2 and it didn't work and then back to AC IN 1 and it worked. So there appears to be something wrong with Quattro. I can hear relays clunking when on AC IN 2. However as soon as the grid is introduced it instantly drops the grid again. I updated the ESS going to v508. I am guessing there is something wrong with the Quattro's AC IN 2.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

andy156 avatar image
andy156 answered ·

Well, I am really disappointed that my expensive Quattro only lasted one year and will now cost £250 in postage to get fixed in the UK + significant lost savings on energy (£10-£20 a day). I can't even be given a rough estimate for the time to fix it. Has anyone else had any issues or am I just really unlucky?

2 |3000

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

I know of another site with a 10k quattro that refused to accept grid. It had to be replaced. Probably just bad luck, this one was older and in a bad grid region, so had lived a little.

Many of these things are sold, there will be a percentage that fail, with electronics the failure curves tend to be early or late in life.

2 |3000