question

philipl avatar image
philipl asked

MPPT450/200 After error remains in OFF State

I have a setup with 2 x 450/100 MPPTs and a 1 x 450/200 MPPT.

The 450/200 MPPT sometimes gives error 27: "Charger short circuit".
But it normally clears again by itself.
Yesterday, the 450/200 gave error 27 again, and then stopped outputting any power.

A few hours later, I power cycled the MPPT and it gave the same error again.

I power cycled it about 3 times, and the third time, it gave error #200: "Internal DC voltage error"
I power cycled it again, and then all errors went away.

The MPPT now says no error but the STATE remains OFF.

I have switched off the entire system and on again, but that didn't make any difference.

The 450/200 MPPT shows:

State: OFF

Total PV power: 199w

Tracker 1 362V 0.1A

Tracker 2 362V 0.1A

Tracker 3 362V 0.3A

Tracker 4 362V 0.1A

So it is getting power from the panels. The other 2 x 450/100's are working just fine.

Further it says: Network status: Slave

BMS controlled: YES

So is there something in the system that is switching the output of the 450/200 MPPT into the OFF state? Is there perhaps a timer that is responsible for that because there were errors on the MPPT?

I am just trying to get the MPPT to turn on again, and even though there are no errors, it remains in the OFF state. Its Relay state remains: OFF.

The other two 450/100's show State as Ext. control.

I have updated the firmware to V1.16 on all 3 MPPTs.

Thank you

MPPT Controllersmppt state
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@philipl

On both errors if they are persistent the MPPT needs to be replaced. It is faulty.

Error 27.

Error 200

You can try remove it from the GX, reprogram for stand alone and test again. But usually when 200 appears it has blown some components.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

philipl avatar image
philipl answered ·

Thank you @Alexandra, I have noticed that if i disconnect the PV strings and power down the 450/200, if I power it up, sometimes it will power up normally, other times it will power up and immediately give error 200. It doesn't give error 200 every time, but I do agree that the unit is probably broken.

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Yeah I had an error 200 once. It's in the annoying/frustrating part of broken. Just not reliable. The thing is with 450v array it is safer to replace.
0 Likes 0 ·
philipl avatar image
philipl answered ·

I need some more help. Yesterday I switched off the 450/200 MPPT that is broken, and the other two 450/100 MPPT's kept on working and charging the batteries. Today they just sit and say idle, and not charging. There are no errors, they say external control as they should.

What could be the cause of this, could it be because I switched the 450/200 MPPT off? It was one of the slave units. I switched it back on again, and it gave error 200 and the other two MPPTs just stay in idle mode.

Thanks

2 |3000

philipl avatar image
philipl answered ·

I tried a few things, including switching the MPPTs off and on, rebooting the Cerbo GX, but the two 450/100 MPPTs stayed in idle mode, with the battery at 25%.
Then when I switched off the GRID supply, the 450/100 MPPTs immediately came on at full power.
That is very strange, does anyone know why that would have happened?

Thanks

2 |3000

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic