question

richoff avatar image
richoff asked

Quattro's shutdown on panel push & low current draw

A pair of Quattro 5000's in split phase... trying to diagnose why after approx 5hrs of battery charge from the grid, the amperage on one of the legs drops to ½ the current draw every 2 minutes or so. While investigating, I happened to lightly push on the upper front panel, and the whole system went down. (can be recreated by a gentle push on the panel again). The 2nd Quattro does not exhibit this behaviour. Is the circuit board (behind the panel) so sensitive, that the slightest deflection of the front panel shuts it down?

shutdown
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
richoff avatar image
richoff answered ·

Here we see 1 example in "Logs" victron-quattro-charging-logs.png

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@richoff

No it is not normally that sensitive.

Open it up if you are comfortable and check connections and assembly. Probably check both units to be sure.

0 Likes 0 ·
richoff avatar image
richoff answered ·

@ Alexandra, I did open the 2nd Quattro and gave the circuit board a gentle push and the same thing happened... requiring a Cerbo GX restart. I think the "1 front panel" sits against the the small ledge's on the LED's and when pushed in, it subsequently flex's the circuit board resulting in shutdown.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic