question

gibbs avatar image
gibbs asked

Cerbo GX with Amazon Fire Tabet

Hi

Can anyone help me

I am thinking of buying a Cerbo Gx and want to know if it will work on an Amazon Fire Tablet save me buying the touch

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Gibbs .

Depends on what you mean by work?

Can you access the remote console over lan? Yes using a browser. Don't have lan? You can logon to the Cerbo WiFi and access the remote console that way as well using the IP address in a browser.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gibbs avatar image gibbs commented ·
Thanks Alexandra

No Lan

Just looking for a cheap unit to use as a display as I can access everything else via Victron connect app

How do I access via ip address ?

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ gibbs commented ·
Cerbo has an hdmi output. Touch use this and USB together. Not sure if touch function is through hdmi or the usb connection.
0 Likes 0 ·
Fideri avatar image Fideri kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
@kevgermany in older models of the Cerbo, the USB connection is purely for power to the Touch. All the data goes through HDMI.

Fideri

1 Like 1 ·
It’s still the same today. The touch controls use a proprietary layer of the HDMI comms, and are not normally supported by screens other than the GX Touch panels.

USB is just for power.

That said there is a vibrant modifications community within Victron that have enabled USB touch screens, but they are not officially supported, so at their own risk.

0 Likes 0 ·