question

paul-berberian avatar image
paul-berberian asked

Quattro 24/8000/200 Overload warning - cannot find the cause

PQ_20240126-0000_to_20240126-2358.xlsx

I have a Quattro 24/8000/200 on my boat. When on generator it appears as the grid - generator is a 27Kva. I have a MG external Smart Link driving 3 BMS's which each charge a bank of 3 x 280 AH 28v LiFePO4 - 9 batteries total. FW version on Quattro is 508. I also have a Cerbo GX v3.13

I am seeing two issues:

Issue #1 - While on inverter I get warnings of overload on V1 that appear and correct within a few seconds and I cannot see what is triggering it. I thought it might be some equipment starting up but I'm seeing spikes that aren't outside of any range. Logs attached.

Issue #2 - While on generator (grid) the system will sometimes kick into inverter mode for a moment then go back into charging mode - I'm not sure what is causing it to drop the generator/grid. I have two identical generators and it happens with both. I do not get a grid lost alarm. Logs attached.

Any insight would be helpful

VE.Buswarnings
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Paul Berberian

I've been getting these for years. Mine always coincide with a fair load, like say a dishwasher heating cycle (2200W on a 5kV Multiplus) and a water pressure pump starting. Always clears after ~20 seconds, even though it must be only a mS long spike. I've *never* seen it register on VRM or VConnect, it's just too short. I once replaced the pump start capacitor and that cured it for a year or so, but it returned and I ignore it now.

Your 'Issue #2' might also be explained by the same thing happening with the genset and Power Assist kicking in with the inverter briefly to maintain the ACIN limit.

I'd suggest your initial thoughts are correct, that it's ac startup spikes causing it. And your Quattro doing what it's designed to do. It may actually be warning you of something faulty that's at least worthy of assessment. Good luck finding it..

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

What is VE.Bus?

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic