question

davidmeh avatar image
davidmeh asked

SOC not working

Simple set-up, simple question.

I have a Easysolar 12/1600/70 with Venus GX.

The only time I see a SOC is when I'm running the generator. In which case the SOC gradually rises from zero until I stop the generator, at, let's say 60%. With the generator stopped the SOC gradually returns to zero over a several day period, a constant rate décharge. The fact that I'm charging the batteries each day to float makes no difference. After a few days the SOC is permenantly zero.

So why does the controller only "see" charge coming from the generator and "sees" nothing coming from the PV panels ?

Many thanks in advance if someone can help

EasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

@davidmeh You need to enable "Use solar charger current to improve VE.Bus SOC".

ve-bus-soc.png

Via remote console, settings > system setup > system state > enable .

You will also need to tweak the multi's battery monitor settings as per your batt chemistry and charging balance (solar / ac).

multi-soc.png

ve-bus-soc.png (101.4 KiB)
multi-soc.png (218.8 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

davidmeh avatar image davidmeh commented ·
Hi klim8skeptic,

Thanks for your reply, however in the settings>system set-up I dont have the option "system state" available.

According to the site my firmware for Venus GX and BlueSolar Charger MPPT 100/50 is up to date.

However it says the firmware for Multiplus Compact 12/1600/70-16 is not updatable (installed version is v154 but the latest version is v508). It this where my problem is ?

0 Likes 0 ·
davidmeh avatar image
davidmeh answered ·

Hi klim8skeptic,

Thanks for your reply, but in settings>system set-up I dont have the "system state" option.

The site tells me that my firmware is up to date for the Venus GX and the BlueSolar Charger MPPT 100/50, but that my Multiplus Compact 12/1600/70-16 is not updatable (the installed version is v153 and the latest version is v508). Is this where my problem is coming from ?

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@davidmeh

You are correct. The information @klim8skeptic refers to is a newer firmware feature.

0 Likes 0 ·
davidmeh avatar image
davidmeh answered ·

Is it possible to update the firmware for the Multiplus Compact 12/1600)70-16 ?

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
It depends on the age of the unit. Perhaps if you post the serial number someone can check.
0 Likes 0 ·