question

calypsosea avatar image
calypsosea asked

Multiplus 12/3000 wont restart after shore power was lost

I have a Multiplus 12/3000 connected to 600Ah LiFePO4 batteries. There is a CCGX connected to the VE.bus (lefthand port). The system is managed via a REC-A BMS via CAN bus connected to the CCGX..

After a loss of shore power, the Multi will not restart upon restoring the shore power until I unplug the VE.bus cable, and cycle the shore power breaker on the boat. Sometimes I also need to cycle the On/Off/Charge Only switch from On to Off and back to On before the Multi will restart.

None of the LED's on the Multi turns on when restoring the shore power (i.e. No "Mains On") until I unplug and cycle the power.

Once the system starts up, it operates normally with both the BMS and Multi seen on the GX.

The GX stays powered during this event, getting its power directly from the batteries. There is also a load (between 3-5 A) on the batteries at all times.

Any ideas?

multiplus ve.bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

there was a fw update that fixed that or a similar issue. so suggest you update the multiplus to fw 508 first and see if that fixes the issue

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

calypsosea avatar image calypsosea commented ·
Thanks Paul.

I updated to 508. It seems to have addressed the issue with loss of shore power.

One issue I noticed while testing was that if I switched off the Multi from the GX, I we as not able to switch on again from the GX, and the Multi would only switch on again after removing the VE.Bus cable. No lights lit in the Multi after the GX switch off, and back on.

The local switch stayed in the "On" position throughout. Unplugging the VE.Bus connection had the Multi quickly indicate shore power on, and then starting the charger.

Not sure if this is a feature or bug?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic