question

kahlo avatar image
kahlo asked

Why wont Multiplus II exit equalization

Good day

I have recently Removed a 48v Steca inverter charger and replaced it with a victron system comprising of 4x 265 amp hr agm batteries as well as a 150/30 Mppt regulator and 4x 280 watt solar panels and a BMV702

I have go back to 24v with the new Multiplus II and wired this to 2x sets of 24v batteries these cables are of same length, and go to a post, and then from the post I have a 400amp fuse.

I configured the Multi with Ve config and the unit will not exit equalization mode and stays on for hours so i have then tired splitting the battery bank up with no difference, the Mppt SHows the batteries are in float but the multi just stays in equalization mode and ideas of the problem?

Multiplus-II
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Fideri avatar image Fideri commented ·
@kahlo As an aside, I read somewhere that equalization is meant only for flooded acid batteries? You may want to check on that.

Fideri

1 Like 1 ·
kahlo avatar image kahlo Fideri commented ·
Hi thanks for reply on the ve configuration we have select agm batteries , the unit was left over night an still flashing both absorbstion an bulk lights
0 Likes 0 ·
offroadflow avatar image offroadflow commented ·
Hey kahlo,

How many hours was it on equalization? Please check the "Max hours" setting in the charger section through VEconfig.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
regman54 avatar image
regman54 answered ·

I can't provide any insight as to why it won't go out of equalization mode, but as already mentioned, most battery manufactures do not recommend using equalization mode with AGM batteries. Check with the battery manufacturer before enabling that mode in the charge profile. Most AGM charge profiles have EQ mode OFF by default.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.