question

boatguy avatar image
boatguy asked

Multiplus 2x120 12V not able to use or charge 12V. No inverter or charger

This is a head scratcher and I can use any help before tearing it out and taking it for repair. My Multiplus 2X120 stopped charging the batteries. I assumed the 300amp T-fuse had blown at some point. I replaced the fuse but nothing changed. With the help of my meter I can say confidently there is no 12V going in or coming out of the inverter. If I cut mains power the house just goes black. No inverter, no lights on the unit. I bypassed the fuse with a jumper cable an no difference.

Is there some sort of breaker inside the Multiplus? I have it n VE Config and checked every setting. I am reluctant to take it down but I may need to send it away to be repaired. Any help would be appreciated. I van even have a tech come in by the Cerbo but it doesnt show any problem.

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
dominikmp avatar image
dominikmp answered ·

Its a MultiPlus II?

As far as i know, there's a fuse like this in the ac side of the pcb.

1706123475947.png

in the DC-Side of the pcb there are some miniature Fuses, they are Labeled with an "F" (Fuse) on the board.

Source:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/175487/looking-for-a-fuse-part-numbervalue-on-a-multiplus.html

these infos are mainly from 230V devices, so i'm not 100% shure if it fits on your device..

1706123475947.png (28.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Wait wait... if there's no 12v going in to the inverter, that'd be your problem. Is there good battery voltage physically on the DC connection posts of the unit? If not, then the issue isn't in the unit, it's somewhere between the battery bank (or at the battery bank) and the unit.

1 comment
2 |3000

boatguy avatar image boatguy commented ·
Hi Justin. To be clear. I can trace 13.6 volts from the battery. 13.6 to the inside of the tfuse going to the inverter. 13.6 from the outside of the tfuse to the inverter and 13.6 at the terminal inside the inverter. From there it stops. No error code or anything just no output to the battery or the inverter (entire unit) goes dead when the AC is turned off.

0 Likes 0 ·