question

deandavis1 avatar image
deandavis1 asked

Bluetooth locking up at 20% on load MPPT

Hello, I have a MPPT 100/50 that has recently had the bluetooth lock up several times and prevent access until the unit is power cycled. It goes something like this:

1. Access via VictronConnect is fine for a few days
  2. Then at some stage it stops working and shows "connecting" stuck at 20%
  3. The solar controller itself is still producing the correct output. It just wont allow bluetooth access
  4. The only way to get it working again is to disconnect all power to it to reset the unit.

There was a recent automatic software update. I wonder if there is a bug in this? Software version is:

MPPT v1.39

Bluetooth v2.19

Bootloader v1.10

Thanks in advance for your assistance

Bluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

There is now new firmware out so please update the units and try again if you have not already done so

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

walter123 avatar image
walter123 answered ·

I can confirm this is a bug. Same situation with an MPPT 75/15. Last year it worked flawlessly with an Galaxy Note4 Android 6 and 24h bluetooth connection. Today i upgraded the app and firmware to latest version. Now the connection stalls after some time, the app do not refresh the values. Reconneting is not possible, hangs at 20%. A Samsung A9 do not show this behavior. Is this a timing problem? It would be good, if could revert the firmware but this is not possible.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic