question

lambish avatar image
lambish asked

Emergency cut off switch

Hi,

I've an EasySolar 5kvA (not ready to use now) and i want to know if it's possible to connect an emergency cut off switch for 220V Output (and also cut off the 48/24 and 48/12 inverter) ?

Thank you :)

EasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Yes there is no problem in doing that for the 220v and or the DC side

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kai avatar image kai ♦ commented ·

If you do put a disconnect on the DC side make sure it can handle & break high DC current.

0 Likes 0 ·
lambish avatar image
lambish answered ·

Thank you for your reply, but it's not exactly what i want to Do. I want to connect a button to the easysolar (for exemple) and when this Button is fired, the easysolar cut off the multiplus, mppt, AC charger and external dc inverter(for this one, like He do when batterie is low voltage).

2 |3000

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi Lambish. On the front panel of your Easy there is a rocker switch that you can set to 'off' (not sure how deep it's functionality runs). Also there a breaker for AC-IN. With both those switched off your AC output is guaranteed dead. To isolate DC, a batt isolator and a pv isolator nearby could finish off the rest. No V of any kind, anywhere..

1 comment
2 |3000

lambish avatar image lambish commented ·

Thank you for your answers, it helped a little. For my use i want have a switch 4m away from Easy, that's why i ask for a trigger input.

0 Likes 0 ·
lambish avatar image
lambish answered ·

Hi, it's time for me to build my setup. I've search on Web to find relay but i don't find what i want.

In my case, it's in case of battery fire (Byd B box pro 10kw) to extinguish with a water extinguisher (recommended for lithium fire) without risk with high voltage and to avoid short cut on some equipements.

I want to find a 48v relay 200Amps to cut the connection between battery and easysolar. Is it a good idea ?

2 comments
2 |3000

Hi @Lambish
The BYD will already disconnect itself when there is a problem in the battery.

I would recommend -not- to use an extra relay, this gives more potential problems than it solves.

0 Likes 0 ·
lambish avatar image lambish Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Great news ! I don't find this information inside BYD documentation, thank you Daniël !!

0 Likes 0 ·