question

dslem avatar image
dslem asked

Using a Cerbo GX with a off brand inverter

Hello,

I have an RV travel trailer with a 120 volt 30 amp shore power input. I have 400 watts of solar on my roof using a VE SmartSolar 100/30, and 420 watts of portable solar on a second 100/30. I also have a VE 500 amp smart shunt connected between 400 Ah of LifePO4 batteries and a 5000 watt off brand pure sine wave inverter. Everything works fine, but I have now purchased a Cerbo GX in an attempt to monitor everything. My question is what Energy monitor can I use to see the shore and/or inverter power and AC loads for the GX without having a Multiplus inverter or the like? The ET112 looks like it won't work on my 120 volt system, so is there a different Victron Energy or other brand monitor to help me out?

-Doug

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Just remember the dashboard is built around a victron inverter, so like the docs state, and as is the actual case, vrm does not behave as expected.

Advanced widgets will be ok ,mostly, but the dash won’t work correctly in most cases.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@dslem

You can use Shelley meters. You do have to mod the GX a bit but there are a few guys have done it.

I have seen the three phase one being use for input out put on critical and non critical circuits. The visualisation is interesting but the information is there.

The other way is a VIctron energy meter.

2 |3000