question

hans-peterkraetz avatar image
hans-peterkraetz asked

Cerbo gateway between ModbusTCP and ModbusRTU?

I would like to connect a 3rd. Party energy meter (PAC16666) with ModbusRTU interface to the Cerbo GX.

It is not my intention to use this additional energy meter as grid meter. For grid meter I have a EM540 which works fine.

For test purpose I have connected the PAC1666 instead of the EM540 to the RS485 cable.

I have used my PC to test the PAC. USB plugged into my PC, I can access the PAC and read registers. So the wiring (A/B/GND) and the USB-RS485 connection is fine. Baudrate is set to 9600kB like with the EM540. So far so good.

I thought the Cerbo would play the role of a gateway between ModbusTCP and ModbusRTU (or other comms).

The EM540 has the unit ID30 assigned by the Cerbo. This is a bit confusion to me since the CCGX-Modbus-TCP-register-list-3.10.xlsx says the Unit ID for VE.Direct via USB (ttyUSB0) is 239. However, maybe the Cerbo "knows" the EM540 and assigns the ID30.

I would expect to be able to access the PAC from Unit ID239 (VE.Direct via USB (ttyUSB0)).

unbenannt.jpg

But I can not.

Q: Should I see the PAC in the ModbusTCP service list? Like I see the EM540, I would expect to see the PAC here with ID239.

Q: I have tested the PAC with my PC. But how do I know tha the PAC communication with the Cerbo is ok? Can I check somehow the comms from Cerbo to PAC? Like a Ping from Cerbo to PAC.

Thanks for you answer.

Energy MeterModbus TCP
unbenannt.jpg (50.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers