question

shock avatar image
shock asked

Multiplus II 3phase , Multiplus II charger only

Hello i have problem i use 4x Multiplus II , 3 working on 3 phases and one use too charge battery from generator i use smart shunt too see battery SOC but one Multiplus what i use too charge only dont see correct SOC complete system i add screen any idea how doo that too see correct soc?

1705536147015.png

1705536113660.png

1705536076130.png

Multiplus-IISOCsystem status on cerbo gx
1705536076130.png (75.9 KiB)
1705536113660.png (51.6 KiB)
1705536147015.png (58.5 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

shock avatar image shock commented ·

screen

1705536238356.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1705536238356.png (58.5 KiB)
4 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

This is because the multiplus is being used Only to charge and thus CANT SEE the drain that occurring on that gen battery. The multi pkus only can see what it uses itself and what it charges. To get a proper soc on the gen battery you need a victron smartshunt or bmv installed on the gen circuit.

Also the extra muktiplys should not be connected to the cerbo gx. It may confuse it wuthvthec3 phase stsrem

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

I using smartshunt u have that on Pictures and multiplus is connect via usb
0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

@ShOcK

Try connecting the Generator Multi to the GX via a MK3 > usb adaptor. It should then be seen as a non-VEBus device.

1 comment
2 |3000

Its connected via usb mk3 adaptor
0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

@ShOcK

The correct SOC will be the one coming from the Smartshunt. If you had managed batteries (doesn't appear so) then the one from there would be the choice. In either case you should disable the SOC from all the Multipluses so they can't be seen.

This is a Victron recommendation to all their installers. Multiple sources of SOC is confusing to customers - as you have experienced.

That doesn't necessarily mean that your Shunt is correct. It will need tuning for your installation.

2 |3000

shock avatar image
shock answered ·

@JohnC

Where turn off that in cerbo gx or other place ?

4 comments
2 |3000

JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
shock avatar image shock JohnC ♦ commented ·
I serach other solution i dont wanna turn off becose first 3 x multiplus see correct value of SOC i think i possible too doo that too 4 multiplus too take value from cerbo and smartshunt but dont know how ;)
0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ shock commented ·

@ShOcK

You're using ESS, so the 3 networked Multis will be using the SOC from the shunt. I'm not sure about the 4th, but it may not be using SOC anyway, unless you're using Assistants for something.

The only issue you seem to have is that the SOC on the 4th is showing 100%. Set as a Charger it will always show that on Remote Console. It won't show the Smartshunt SOC there, just "--" if you disable the internal monitor. Maybe just ignore it..

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image Paul B JohnC ♦ commented ·

It won't show correctly on the 4th units internal soc/battery monitor as the 4 unit can't see the dc load that's been used by that circuit all it sees is the charge that it adds. That's why it is reading 100% all the time

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

MultiPlus-II Product page 

MultiPlus-II Manual

MultiPlus-II 230V Datasheet 

VE.Bus Error codes

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic