question

spray avatar image
spray asked

European data SIM card advice.

Hello all. I have Cerbo GX to which I’ve recently added a GX LTE 4G-E. Any advice from European users regarding which data card might be best suited? Are some more compatible? New to this M2M world so any advice and info welcome. Mike.

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
theo74 avatar image
theo74 answered ·

It's correct that the Ve Network connection and activities hardly use any data, but getting a pre- or postpaid data simcard with less than 1-5Gb per month is, as far as I know, not possible anymore.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

theo74 avatar image
theo74 answered ·

In the situation of a Cerbo GX the amounth of data per month wat is needed is not to much. I would say; take a pre- or postpaid datasim from which the provider ensures that it works in the whole EU. And with about 1-5Gb data credit per month, for Ve Network usage only, you should be fine I think.

2 |3000

spray avatar image
spray answered ·

Ok thanks for that. Yeeha cowboy. 1-5GB seems very high. I recall a Victron video somewhere that said it was around 5MB a month with one minute sample rate. Anyone else got a data consumption estimate? Will be sampling temp, two tank inputs, perhaps a couple other sensors.

2 |3000

pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·
2 |3000