question

showtime3 avatar image
showtime3 asked

Stripped Multiplus AC IN terminal

Welp I stripped a terminal screw on a Multiplus install. The neutral wire port on the AC IN of a Multiplus 12/3000/120. Sucks a $1300 unit can be so easily ruined but it's my fault.

Any way to fix this? It seems disassembly of the unit and soldering on a new terminal block is the only way. Which I'm not going to do.

What is the best alternative to replacing the unit? One of the standalone IP67 chargers? I only use a 15 amp shore power outlet. Losing the auto pass through sucks. But it's better than another $1300.

terminals
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

yep strip it and replace the terminal is best, however you could solder the wire directly to the whats left of the terminal. this may work

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Get in touch with an authorized Repair Centre near you; if it's the regular MultiPlus 12/3kVA (not an MP-II) the unit should be repairable by a Repair Centre by replacing the Connection PCBA. It'll cost a bit, but no reason to buy a whole new unit.

https://www.victronenergy.com/where-to-buy

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic