question

Darlene avatar image
Darlene asked

How do I enable bluetooth on EV charger

We have the Victron EV charger that has a touch screen. The firmware is 1.22. The manual says that with firmware below 1.24 you must manually enable bluetooth, so that Victron Connect can recognize the charger. I have read the relevant section of the manual, but what is described does not correspond to the screens we get during set up, so we can't follow the instructions. Has anyone set up such a charger and manually enabled bluetooth, and is thus in a position to walk us through how to do this? We specifically bought this superseded charger, with the touch screen, because we want to be as hands-on as possible with the charger, and limit the amount of tech involved, to stay sane. And the damned touch screen is so tiny you can't operate it unless you have hands the size of a rat's hands! Please help, before the charger ends up in the river.

ev charging station
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

First you should update the firmware to the last version.

Then you can enable Bluetooth in the settings in the normal web interface.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Darlene avatar image
Darlene answered ·

Thank you, Matthias. I had a look how to update the firmware, but it isn't clear to me. I watched a clip that said to go to Victron Professional > Firmware, then choose from what you want to download. The guy says he already downloaded, so that doesn't help me to choose. He then goes to the charging station web interface, and hits Backup and Firmware Update. He is directed to his download, so all good for him, but I'm stuck on what I would need to download from Victron Professional. Do you have any suggestions, please?

2 |3000

Darlene avatar image
Darlene answered ·

I think I've worked out which file to download: C025.evcsup. I still can't upload it in the firmware update section of the interface, probably because of the terrible internet service in this remote location. I'll uninstall the charger, take it back to suburbia, install it and set it up there, and see if that works, with a reliable internet connection. Will post the outcome for future reference.

2 |3000

Darlene avatar image
Darlene answered ·

Just to confirm, Matthias' suggestion was spot on: after updating the firmware there was an option in the settings to enable bluetooth, so the charger can be paired with Victron Connect. Thank you, Matthias.

2 |3000