question

suavek avatar image
suavek asked

How to enable Shared Temperature Sense on Venus?

I plan to enable DVCC. My configuration consists of one or two (second is planned) Smart Solar MPPTs, Multi, AGM batteries, no BMV. To save some power Multi is switched on only from time to time only when there is a need to use the inverter or when in a port connected to shore power. The installation is on a boat where, batteries are together with a wind turbine controller and close to the engine compartment, where there are significant temperature differences depending on wind strength, engine usage.

Can I move the temperature sensor from the Multi and connect it to the Venus?

Venus OS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Mark avatar image
Mark answered ·

Currently the only temperature source available to use with DVCC - STS is a BMV (or from a compatible battery BMS).

Victron were planning to allow other sources to be compatible with STS in Venus FW 2.30 but it was cancelled last minute due to some complications.

My understanding is that this update should still come sometime in the future.

I also have a need for this ability on my system - I have a BMV-712 but am already using the B2 Aux input to monitor battery bank mid-point voltage.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources