question

fincajanda avatar image
fincajanda asked

Muliplus II dropping generator after load applied

My Neighbour like myself are completely off grid in rural Spain relying on Solar/wind & Generator power; He has upgraded his Multiplus-II from a 24/3000 to a 24/5000 and his generator from a 3KVA to 7KVA as his requirements have increased.

At first the generator would not charge his batteries but after following the suggestions in the Multiplus Generator FAQ doc I now have it charging his batteries but as soon a load is connected (1200W as a test) the generator is dropped, from what I have observed I suspect it is the frequency.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Regards,

Alan

Multiplus-IIGenerator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6 Answers
fincajanda avatar image
fincajanda answered ·

Problem sorted!

LOM set to NONE……;-)

System up and working

Thanks to all for input

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Philipp Trenz avatar image
Philipp Trenz answered ·

Hi Alan, to be certain: The new Multiplus-II has no grid code configured, as recommended for off-grid systems, and Loss of mains (LOM) is disabled?

1 comment
2 |3000

fincajanda avatar image fincajanda commented ·

Hi Philipp,

Grid code set to 'other' not compliant to any grid code standard

but unable to change from LOM B (safe) as it is password protected.

Cheers,

Alan

0 Likes 0 ·
Meine_Energiewende avatar image
Meine_Energiewende answered ·

Have you enabled "dynamic current limiter" in general tab ? Some generators need some time to handle additional load and with the limiter enabled, the mp2 will try to load the generator softly.

Jens

1 comment
2 |3000

Thanks,

Yes all recommendations as per the Multiplus Generator FAQ doc.

Cheers,

Alan

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@FincaJanda

Unfortunately sudden and larger fluctuations with LOM type B will be rejected.

The inverter synchronises to the incoming waveform, if it is too unstable it makes problems.

I would suggest either getting a better managed generator or a separate charger.

2 |3000

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

@FincaJanda

"Completely off grid" means ESS isn't recommended. And Grid Code set to 'None' rather than 'Other'. LOM is then irrelevant.

If you have access to VRM it can be useful to create a custom widget with ACIn V, A and Hz to help find what's causing the rejection. Limiting AC Input and/or Charge A may also help achieve a temporary acceptance and diagnosis.

I haven't found Hz significant usually, but may be symptomatic of other genset issues. Gensets can often benefit from minor adjustments, but not without knowing where you're heading..

1 comment
2 |3000

Unfortunately no possibility of VRM I have installed a local network from his wireless rural internet router but as I understand it you cannot connect directly to the multiplus?

0 Likes 0 ·
fincajanda avatar image
fincajanda answered ·

Thanks for response.

I have been looking at the previous older unit a 24/3000/70-16 and under grid there is no LOM selection? This was working but as previously stated not powerful enough for his needs.

There must be a way to get the password to take LOM out of the equation as the nearest municipal grid is 6km away LOL?

3 comments
2 |3000

JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ commented ·
@FincaJanda

I said in my first post LOM becomes 'irrelevant', maybe should have said 'disappears'.

0 Likes 0 ·
fincajanda avatar image fincajanda JohnC ♦ commented ·
ah maybe thats why it isn't in his older unit?
0 Likes 0 ·
fincajanda avatar image fincajanda JohnC ♦ commented ·
Maybe that’s why it is not showing in the older unit?
0 Likes 0 ·