question

andrii-podanenko avatar image
andrii-podanenko asked

Cerbo GX doesn't see Ethernet ModBus TCP/IP ComAp InteliLite AMF8 via CM3-Ethernet plugin card

I've purchased hardware from ComAp, based on documentation from https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Cerbo_GX/en/connecting-supported-non-victron-products.html#UUID-73fa2d0e-1d42-a05f-5dc2-c81c6273659a

But I can't seems like get it visible via my Venus OS

I can read/write device via ComAp InteliConfig windows software as well as via Android ComAp app

1704877354645.png

1704877367544.png

Venus OS latest Release Candidate can't see it via Ethernet, even if I add manually via ModBus TCP/IP devices. Venus on Cerbo GX, same network, can ping from Venus.

Feels like modbus registers are different than in Victron documentation, but I'd rather receive confirmation from Victron how to fix this, instead of digging into table of hundreds of unknowns...

Could you help to get this hardware visible/controllable via Venus UI?

InteliLite4-1.5.2.1

CM3-Ethernet

Cerbo GX

My setup https://betavrm.victronenergy.com/installation/370388/share/c0152a83

Generator
1704877354645.png (823.8 KiB)
1704877367544.png (332.9 KiB)
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

andrii-podanenko avatar image andrii-podanenko commented ·

Thank you @Philipp Trenz for contacting me in person

After uploading your config.zip

My Cerbo GX started to see AMF8 hardware via Ethernet

This is how it looks now - I have configured via InteliCongif it to become 1phase config, but Cerbo is showing it as 1p->3p->1p

See video

Disclaimer - I have no any generator just yet. It just ComAp + CM3-Ethernet plugin card connected via 12V power supply and Ethernet cord to LAN

Amy futher help appreciated

0 Likes 0 ·
config.zip (578 B)
Philipp Trenz avatar image Philipp Trenz ♦ andrii-podanenko commented ·

Hi Andrii, you're welcome!

With regard to the fluctuating phase configuration, the ComAp controller seems to provide changing values on register 1301. I would assume that this is due to the fact that no generator is connected yet.

If the problem persists with a connected generator, we can take a look at it together.

1 Like 1 ·
andrii-podanenko avatar image andrii-podanenko Philipp Trenz ♦ commented ·
I'm not sure how adding a startup relay to some of the outputs on AMF8 will change Cerbo to start seeing 1phase and not showing 3 phase periodically.

But I take this as a first thing to check

0 Likes 0 ·
Philipp Trenz avatar image Philipp Trenz ♦ andrii-podanenko commented ·

You're probably right. Please feel free to invite me to your VRM site, then I'll take a look.

1 Like 1 ·
1 Answer
Philipp Trenz avatar image
Philipp Trenz answered ·

Hi @Andrii Podanenko, yes, it seems like some generator manufacturers configure a Modbus mapping other than the one expected from the Victron system. Please take a look at this thread for instructions: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/240475/establishing-modbus-tcpip-connection-with-comap-co.html?childToView=253977#comment-253977

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Config from that thread didn't fit my hardware, that's why I started a new question
0 Likes 0 ·

As I shared somewhere else - there is no generator just yet. It's only electronics from ComAp on a table

0 Likes 0 ·