question

njhtran avatar image
njhtran asked

Can Multiplus II 12/3000 use a portable power station for 110v when battery is depleted?

First and foremost, sorry if this question comes off as noob because I am. I have a sprinter van that has a Multiplus II 12/3000 inverter/charger and it's main power source currently is a Battle Born GC3. When I run the A/C for example (on 110v) the Multiplus alarms at ~11.8v and shuts off inverting. I have Goal Zero 3000 that I'd like to help feed 110v as a backup to the GC3 if it depletes. Is there a simple solution for this scenario?

Multiplus-IIcampervan
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
What is a Goal Zero 3000? If it's a high current 12V charger/power supply, it should help.
1 Like 1 ·
3 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Give it a go if the unit can supply the power it should work fine, you may have to limit the ac in current if it cant

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

njhtran avatar image
njhtran answered ·

@Paul B Thanks for the response. For clarification, how would I go about doing that? AFAIK this unit only has one AC-in (currently used for shore power) and I dont see anything in the manual that applies. If it's not a built in function, should I get something like a Filax 2?

2 |3000

Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

As you are basically adding a generator, you need to put a change over switch inbthe shore power line so that when wanted you can use it

2 |3000

Related Resources

MultiPlus-II Product page 

MultiPlus-II Manual

MultiPlus-II 230V Datasheet 

VE.Bus Error codes

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic