question

selimah avatar image
selimah asked

Automatic Transfer Switch, Uninterrupted power supply

I want to know the Transfer time it takes for the Multiplus or Quattro to provide an uninterrupted AC power (UPS function)?

Please note that my system, consists of the AC grid, batteries .
and in another system it consists of the AC grid, gen-set and batteries.

It's not mentioned in the Data sheets, although it's mentioned in the Website, as follows:

Two AC Inputs & two AC Outputs

The Quattro can be connected to two independent AC sources, for example shore-side power and a generator, or two generators. The Quattro will automatically connect to the active source. The main output has no-break functionality. In the event of a grid failure, or shore or generator power being disconnected, the Quattro takes over the supply to the connected loads. This happens so fast (less than 20 milliseconds) that computers and other electronic equipment will continue to operate without disruption. The second output is live only when AC is available on one of the inputs of the Quattro. Loads that should not discharge the battery, such as air-conditioning or a water heater can be connected to this output.

Uninterrupted AC power (UPS function)

In the event of a grid failure, or when shore or generator power is disconnected, the inverter within the Multi is automatically activated and takes over the supply to the connected loads. This happens so fast (less than 20 milliseconds) that computers and other electronic equipment will continue to operate without disruption.

I want to make sure of such information since its not mentioned in the data sheet.

Multiplus-IIMultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargermultigrid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
ben avatar image
ben answered ·

It's not quite clear what you are asking.

The "UPS function" supplements grid power with battery power in under 20ms. This means your loads will never notice if the grid fails. You can use this mode unless you have a very weak grid source (like a small generator).

If your question is actually, "how long does it take Quattro to switch in an AC input (grid)," then I believe the answer is that it varies, depending on the quality of the grid and the settings you configure in the unit. With stock settings and a good waveform, my Quattros seem to require roughly ten seconds to phase-shift and synchronize/accept a new AC input. Note that this is not the "UPS function" discussed above.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.