question

jameswest avatar image
jameswest asked

ESS mode to disable feed-in

Does anymore know of an ESS mode or way of configuring the Cerbo GX / Inverter so that feed-in via the AC IN is disabled, but loads on the AC OUT are still powered by the battery/DC supply?

I've tried disabling feed-in, but that disables the inverter outputting to both AC IN and AC OUT. I just want to disable output to AC IN.

Putting the MultiPlus in to Inverter Only mode kind of does what I want, but it restricts the AC OUT to DC supply only. You can't use AC IN to pass through to AC OUT.

Maybe it's not possible due to the way the inverter works when it's configured for ESS?

ess settings
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@jameswest

On the GX. Devices - inverter - switch state - inverter only

The other way is under ESS and just disable it there.

Otherwise old school, it is easy to switch off the input breaker.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jameswest avatar image jameswest commented ·

Thank you @Alexandra for the options. The specific setting I was looking for was in ESS settings. It's not the ESS mode, but a setting called 'Self-consumption from battery'. If you set this to 'Only critical loads' it stops the feed-in to AC IN and only feeds AC OUT.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ jameswest commented ·

Do you have a grid meter?

What firmware is the GX on I think is was after 3.13 that is was working.

Do you want zero draw from the grid but remain connected, and feed only certain loads from DC?

Have you set a minimum SOC in case of grid faliure?

0 Likes 0 ·
jameswest avatar image jameswest Alexandra ♦ commented ·

I'm using the EM530 grid meter in single phase which I'm very happy with

GX firmware is 3.13

You've got the idea, zero draw from the grid unless using a scheduled charge and only feed the critical loads from DC.

And minimum state of charge is set to around 20%

Can't yet find the 'Self-consumption from battery' setting in NodeRED but not the end of the world.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ jameswest commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic