question

steffenbrand2607 avatar image
steffenbrand2607 asked

Data Usage of GX LTE 4G

Hi everybody,

I recently purchased a GX LTE 4G and I am looking for a M2M / IoT SIM which perfectly fits to my system. Any suggestionns for German or international providers?

Can anybody say how much data I need for one year, i. e. how much data is used by the CCGX? What are the best settings within the CCGX for a LTE connection?

Thank you very much!

Steffen

CCGX Color Control
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

steffenbrand2607 avatar image steffenbrand2607 commented ·
nobody any ideas?
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

I have a system with Cerbo GX, Multiplus, MPPT, BMV702, 5 tanks, 5 temperatures and 2 digital switch.inputs and this uses less than 1Gb per month with a 1 minute data logging interval, occasional firmware updates and tral time data monitoring a few times per week. This also includes the overhead of the router and the central heating controller. Should give you some idea.

In terms of settings, the ones that control the data usage there is the monitoring interval, default 15 min but pretty useless for trouble shooting, 1 minute minimum is more useful but 15 times more data. Then firmware updates, if set to auto this can download large files especially if you try the beta test firmware, set to check only. The other one is real time data, when you log onto VRM then if this setting is chosen then whilst you are logged on you get live data transmission from the Cerbo so a much higher data usage rate.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

steffenbrand2607 avatar image
steffenbrand2607 answered ·

thank you @pwfarnell. which mobile provider contract do you have for this? Is there any special SIM card needed? Thanks.

1 comment
2 |3000

pwfarnell avatar image pwfarnell commented ·
I am in the UK and use a standard SIM from Smarty in my router that the Cerbo is connected to. I have no idea on the SIM type you will need.
0 Likes 0 ·