question

Michelle Konzack avatar image
Michelle Konzack asked

Transforming 1P Off-Grid to 3P On-Grid

Good day,

since one week I search fir a solution fir a new customer, but I do not find the right resources on the Victron Website (orofessional).

My customer has pritty much the same Off-the-Grid setup like me:

1) SOPzS batteries 90kWh @24V

2) CerboGX

3) 2 MultiPlus 24/5000 parallel

4) 3 SmartSolar MPPT 250/100 (3,1kWp each with 10x310Wp)

5) 1 iSta-Breeze i2000/48 + MPPT

6) 1 iSta-Breeze i700/48 + MPPT

7) 1 Windmill "Brown" 3,5kW 230V AC coupled.

Now he got the offer fir a Grid-Connection with extreme good conditions including Feed-In 15kW.

However, the two Multi-Plus (model 2019) create some problems with a singel phase feed-in and we want to replace it with 3 newer MultiPlus-II 24/5000/120-50 to make a 3-phase system. The Braun windmill should stay on L1 AC coupled.

I search for resources how to configure the new system to archive a mostly symwtric feed-in, hence in daytime, if the Brown windmill is producing energy and also the Solarpanels, the solar feed-in should be mostly directed to L2 and L3.

OK, the best option would be two small 3kW Fronius Primo on L2 and L3, but this changement would be our last option, since many things woul need to change. Also maybe an increase of solarpower by 1kW per phase.

Any suggstions?

offgridongrid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Michelle Konzack

Contact a distributor.

The forum is not the place for system design.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Michelle Konzack avatar image Michelle Konzack commented ·
My estonian Distributor can not help me withv his issue
0 Likes 0 ·
Michelle Konzack avatar image
Michelle Konzack answered ·

It is not a Hardware issue, because I have already successful installed 4 On-the-Grid and 27 Off-the-Grid systems.

I need only infos how to inject/redirect the energy from the three SmartSolar (and the two DC coupled windmills) into the grid, that it equalise between the three phases.

P.S.: I am the installateur of the system but in no video of the Victron Certification is this case mentioned.

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

You don't have a system with components that can be fully controlled by the Victron GX. So is not possible with the component choice.

Symmetric feed in is not possible on all the phases maybe if you you are feeding from DC only. Use ESS. It will also be affected by the grid itself and the loads on each phase. Phase compensation may play a part here. You may have to switch between a total of all phases or individual phase regulation.

Some experiment will be needed.

If you switch to fronius get a three phase model.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Victron Offgrid page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic