question

Richard Weir avatar image
Richard Weir asked

Feeding back to the grid when I don't want to.

I have 25kwh of PylonTech batteries which are charge up on cheap elect overnight via 2 Multiplus IIs. They feed the house most of the time >90% but at times they feed back to the grid up to 5000W. I've looked into the various setting including the float voltage which is set at 51v with the absorption volts at 52v. The system has 2 x 70A multis and runs through a Venux GX, no solar.img-8650.png

ess settingsess discharging
img-8650.png (327.9 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6 Answers
daza avatar image
daza answered ·

What is your grid set point that could be the issue.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Richard Weir answered ·

The set point is set to 0W. I’ve tried setting it to 1000w and 5000w but this just starts the multi charging.

2 |3000

Michelle Konzack avatar image
Michelle Konzack answered ·

Why not disable feed-in?

3 comments
2 |3000

Richard Weir avatar image Richard Weir commented ·
but how, that is my question.
0 Likes 0 ·
Michelle Konzack avatar image Michelle Konzack Richard Weir commented ·

If you go into the Inverter Menu of the ColorControlGX or CerboGX, there is a clear option to disable Feed-In.

Read this: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/41291/multiplus-ii-disable-feed-back-entirely-possible.html

0 Likes 0 ·
Richard Weir avatar image Richard Weir Michelle Konzack commented ·
This is orientated to the PV output not feeding to the grid. The link doesn't actually tell you how that did it.
0 Likes 0 ·
Richard Weir answered ·

I have read a training manual on disabling the AC relay but this also disables all the assistants so i don't see how to new schedule the charging times.(Virtual Switch Ignore AC - https://community.victronenergy.com/storage/attachments/3299-virtual-switch-ignore-ac-lesson.pdf )

6 comments
2 |3000

ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ·

Do you have an energy meter or CT? Are ALL the loads on the ACOUT? Is the connector for the CT an older din plug-in type?

0 Likes 0 ·
Richard Weir avatar image Richard Weir ejrossouw commented ·

I have a CT112, the heat pump is connected to "Critical loads" only. It hard wired with a pair.2023-12-26-133139.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw Richard Weir commented ·

Have a look at this 2021-12 MPII-ESII-QUAII Current Sense Socket Issue - rev3.pdf and also make sure the ET112 is upstream of ALL the loads (just after the DNO's energy meter) Also double check the role of the ET112 and that it is set to gridmeter. Do you know of any device that draws 5kW? Do you have a diagram of the system design? (one has to be displayed at location of the installation)

0 Likes 0 ·
w8dev avatar image w8dev commented ·

@Richard Weir here's how I ignore the AC Input. https://youtu.be/4ZsGHi8nKGc

You can use the Cerbo "Generator Start/Stop" feature to schedule when to activate AC In.

0 Likes 0 ·
Richard Weir avatar image Richard Weir w8dev commented ·
Thanks @w8dev great video. I've done some of that but not the way he has so i'll take a look at how to do it, I've actually used the two venus relays for managing my heat pump on/off and also the generator start stop but there is lots of other options that I'll have a thing about. :-)

1 Like 1 ·
w8dev avatar image w8dev Richard Weir commented ·
Good luck!
0 Likes 0 ·
Richard Weir answered ·

@Jason - UK possibly you have a view on this problem?

2 comments
2 |3000

Jason - UK avatar image Jason - UK commented ·
@Richard Weir are you using a CT sesnor as well as the ET112 by any chance? Also, do you have anything connected to the AUX connections?
0 Likes 0 ·
Richard Weir avatar image Richard Weir Jason - UK commented ·

Hi @Jason - UK . I don’t have a CT. I am using the Aux1 relay to switch off my heating pump when the battery SOC gets below 16% using the generator relay option which works fine.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jason - UK avatar image
Jason - UK answered ·

@Richard Weir In your VE Config files, have you de-selected USE AUX1 for feed in disable?
1703718230529.png

1703718230529.png (119.6 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Richard Weir avatar image Richard Weir commented ·

I have that ticked, i'll untick it and see what happens.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic