question

max-payne avatar image
max-payne asked

Multiplus ESS - Select Multiplus DC over BMS values

Simple ESS Question:

Pylontech US5000 connected (which is a 15s battery) with the CAN port. Everything works perfectly.
Now the Pylontech was expanded by a second offbrand battery pack in parallel. Everything works as expected but I want to set the Battery current sensing source as the DC current of the MultiPlus II and not the batteries BMS values.

Since a second pack is connected in parallel the charging power and amps is off by a factor of 2. Discharge limit is working correctly since that is limiting the AC feedback of the Multiplus.

Summary:
I want the Battery current and power to equal the DC current the Multiplus is measuring and not the values from the pylontech CAN BMS.

Is there a way to set that as the source for Battery:
screenshot-2023-07-26-145558.jpg

Instead of the CAN BMS?

screenshot-2023-07-26-145507.jpg

ESSess settingsess discharging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

You will be better off disconnecting the BMS altogether and using a shunt instead.

Also be aware that your Pylon warranty has gone out the window by mixing brands.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

max-payne avatar image
max-payne answered ·

Disconnecting the pylontech BMS CAN would also work I suppose as the charging curve set in veconfig is perfect for the pack. Pylontech is outside warranty period already anyways.

I already have different brands of 15s lifepo4 towards the Lynx distributor so adding a
Lynx Shunt looks like a good idea!

SOLVED!

2 |3000

Related Resources

What is ESS training video

ESS Quick Installation Guide

ESS design and installation manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic