question

vantalk00 avatar image
vantalk00 asked

BMV 712 temperature reading is half what it should be

I've connected the BMV according to Fig 4 of the Quick Install sheet for the BMV-702, and the reading is 30 degrees F - about half what it should be. Any ideas? Am also using a Multiplus 12 v 2000A with its own temperature sensor.

How does the temp sensor work?

Temperature Sensor
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

vantalk00 avatar image vantalk00 commented ·

Forgot to mention that, unlike the Fig 4, both of my cables have the fuse in the middle of the wire. Is one of the wires perhaps the wrong one?

0 Likes 0 ·
vantalk00 avatar image vantalk00 commented ·

Update: The temp reading is 30 degrees F and it never changes. I think it's also mis-indicating the amp-hours remaining because it thinks it's so cold. I need to fix this.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Hi,

"both of my cables have the fuse in the middle of the wire. Is one of the wires perhaps the wrong one?"

I suspect so.

It sounds like you have two voltage monitoring leads, and no temp sensor PN ASS00100000.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Victron temperature sensor disambiguation table - which product supports which sensor