question

bazil avatar image
bazil asked

Clarity Multiplus 12/1600/70-16 fan - what's it really doing?

I have placed my Multiplus 12/1600/70-16 inverter in a cold environment (0° C) with ample ventilation space. This morning, despite a relative meagre load (500 W) whilst inverting, the fan was on.

As I understand it, the operation of the fan is there to stop overheating and will start up when the und gets too warm, however given this morning's discovery I though it prudent to source a second opinion.

I would welcome any information regarding the fan and whether it might be prudent to disable it.

Best regards

fandisable fans
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Don't disable. It may cause the unit to fail and will invalidate your warranty.

It's driven by internal temperature. 500W is a significant load, will generate heat.

But if you're concerned you'll need to get your dealer to check the unit.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Also orientation would affect the units internal heat.orienamtatiin is not mentioned in the post. So if horizontal 30% load is definitely high enough to warm up things. (Even vertical)
1 Like 1 ·
bazil avatar image bazil Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Many thanks for all the advice! The unit is laying flat on a smooth surface; I'll see if vertcal mounting is possible.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic