question

laurent12b avatar image
laurent12b asked

Smart Batteryprotect 65A or Multiplus beep?

Hi every one

First question in the community.

I have installed a few months ago a smart batteryprotect 65 installed on a couple of batteries in // feeding my 12v circuit (pump, cigar plugs etc) and never heard a beep from it. I have plugin a piezo buzzer.

Recently I have added a chinese heater, a multiplus 800/12v, and some solar panels with a smart MPPT 100/50; and all is working perfectly so far as I am testing it all at the moment.

While my multiplus is used as an inverteur (position on), but plugged to the main (230v 50hz france) (it display orange solid light chargeur after a minute or so) to power an iMac. it is all working fine as far as I can say. At the moment there is no load on the 12v circuit i.e. nothing is on on my control panel with switches.

But once in a while randomly I get a single beep every. I rush to see the BP, but can't see anything unusual in the display, just the blinking led and dot.

Is the beep coming from the multiplus ot the battery protect and what is it? I am very close to it and I feel it is the batteryprotect that beeps.

The charging is in float at the moment and I am using the computer connected to the multiplus to write this.

I am not sure yet but I think this beep doesn't occur while I am draining from the battery, not connected to the main.

Many thanks

Laurent

Battery Protect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@laurent12B

Is the Multiplus charging through the battery protect?

Or does the battery protect only go to the 12v loads?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

laurent12b avatar image
laurent12b answered ·

@Alexandra

Non le multiplus est relié directement à la batterie. Le BP alimentente uniquement mes appareils 12v de faible puissance.

Je vous met une capture d'ecran de mon circuit que j'ai fait vérifier par un technicien d'un des fournisseurs. Il m'a dit que c'était ok. (Il manque un petit fusible sur la masse du BP qui est préconisé par le fabricant)

La chose que je n'ai pas pu faire est régler le multiplus pour les valeurs car je suis sur Mac, et le cable MK3 et le programme ne sont que pour Windows. Donc je n'ai pu mettre à jour le firmware aussi. Il est donc sur les valeurs défault du frabricant qui sont celle les plus proches de mes instructions batteries. Le technicien m'a dit que c'etait ok.

J'ai testé encore hier soir. Quand le multiplus est alimenté par les batteries, pas de beep.C'est quand je suis connecté au 230v que le beep se fait entendre. J'ai regardé la notice du multiplus à de nouveau. Déjà, dans les different états des leds montrées dans la notice, mon etat n'est pas présent. (position ON, connecté au 230v, led charger allumé, les autres éteintes), alors que la led "inverter" devrait etre allumée.

Et il me semble que le chargeur décroche de temps en temps, et le beep se fait entendre à ce moment là, lorsque ça bascule sur alimentaion batterie.

Donc je pense que c'est le multiplus qui créer le problème; D'ailleur la tension batterie sur mon volmetre me parait trop haute lors de la charge sur secteur, compararé à quand je recharge avec l'orion. 1v de plus.

Avec les panneaux solaire difficile de dire car il ne fait pas très beau actuellement :(

Vos avis plus expérimentés serait le bienvenue

Merciscreenshot-2023-12-14-at-104332.png

4 comments
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
It is possible with the load (power assist on grid connection) the battery voltage dips and triggers the alarm.

The transformer in there needs quite a kick from the battery

0 Likes 0 ·
laurent12b avatar image laurent12b Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Thank you. I though effectively when the multiplus switch to battery powered, it creates a dip as you say ince a beep on the BP. I read a little about power assist. As far as I understood, this happens when the main power supplies is not strong enough to supply the power required by the load. But in my case I only had a 250W load required by the computer. The multiplus was on bulk charge. The main is from a house which I believe is stable although no earth connected on that part of the house wiring. Also yesterday during my testing, an event took place for the first time when it just switches between inverter and charger about every 30 seconds, still indicating Bulk on the app. I unplugged the main following this, being worried.

Is this normal, or should I just try to find someone with a cable and a PC to sort out this.

And my apologies for switching between french and english. I didn't even realised you answered in english lol

Thank you again

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ laurent12b commented ·
Not a problem. The switch did throw me a bit.

The inverter by design will ready itself to power assist when connecting to grid. It is more noticeable in the bigger inverters, they hum a bit extra before they connect.

If the inverter has not been updated and programmed it is a good idea to do that, especially since you want to take care of the batteries.

It will stay in bulk until the target voltage is reached and amps stop being drawn. So that is to be expected.

0 Likes 0 ·
laurent12b avatar image laurent12b Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Thank you. I have no problems with the mppt which charges low due to weather conditions, but reaches the float state in about 1/2 day as I dont use the battery much at the moment. I have no problem with the orion either.

I will follow your advice and try to update and set-up the charger of the multiplus correctly and try not to use it as a charger for the time being.

Thank you for communicating your knowledge.

Kindly

0 Likes 0 ·