question

brianmay avatar image
brianmay asked

Cerbo gx and controlling 2 units

Hello,

I have a cerbo gx controlling a multiplus II 48/3000 with a custom built lithium battery (cheaper electricity at night charges the battery to be used during the day, with a solar panel with microinverter that injects power directly to the house and doesn't go through this battery/multiplus setup). I now got old of a few victron agm sollar batteries and wanted to use them to build a "home ups", so that when power went off the ups would kick in and keep the house "alive", however I have a few issues that I need to sort:

My setup is in my garage (-2 floor) and my apartment is on the 1st floor of the building. Electricity goes in the apartment and from there to the garage, a meter is what's telling cerbo and multiplus how much goes in and out to keep the balance at 0.

1. How should I connect another multiplus at the garage to work as an ups?

2. Can I use the cerbo to control both multiplus, even if they are different (second one "smaller", older, used,...) so that I don't end up supplying power to the entire city?

3. What other options do I have, on the cheap side, side the batteries were free and I already have an expensive setup for everyday use?

Thank you for your help!

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers