question

jkkm avatar image
jkkm asked

Venus GX - musb-hdrc musb-hdrc.1: ep11 RX three-strikes error

Hello,

I currently have 4 MPPT's - 3 x 150/45 Smart Solar and a 100/20 Smart Solar. Two devices are connected with VE.Direct and two with Victron USB-VE.Direct cables to a Venus GX. Firmware version 3.20 ~33. I see the following error intermittently:

musb-hdrc musb-hdrc.1: ep11 RX three-strikes error or

musb-hdrc musb-hdrc.1: ep12 RX three-strikes error

via the dmesg command. I am looking to add another MPPT which would need to connect via USB-VE.Direct cable and would necessitate the use of a powered USB hub. I have tried the following HUB JUH340 USB™ 3.0 4-Port Hub – j5create International which shows up as VIA Labs INC. Everything seems to work for a period of time and then the remote console shows the MPPT's as being disconnected. Is the fact that I see the error without the HUB an issue with the Venus GX or just something to be expected due to intermittent communication? The devices connected to the HUB don't reconnect without disconnecting and reconnecting the HUB. I am looking at trying one of these 4 Port Compact Black USB 2.0 Hub - USB-A Hubs | USB Hubs | StarTech.com Other threads suggest this seems to be a working solution.

Any suggestions?

Venus OS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources