question

beagle avatar image
beagle asked

RemoteGPIO No file set for v3.20~7

RemoteGPIO v2.2 No file set for v3.20~7 and it will not install. Is there a way around it?

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

That is an older beta so fguiot may not wish to push an update for that. However, the files needing to be installed are the same as other 3.xx versions. You could SSH into the GX and copy the file set from say v3.10 to a new directory v3.20~7.

cp -r /data/RemoteGPIO/FileSets/v3.10 /data/RemoteGPIO/FileSets/v3.20~7

Then reboot and setup helper should attempt to install again

Be advised though that when fguiot pushes an update in the future you may have to repeat the process.

Edit to add: not sure but you may need to delete the existing v3.20~7 FileSets directory first, then copy the folder. Setuphelper will have created a directory during the initial install attempt. I'm not sure if that step was necessary but that's what I did just to be sure.

And be patient, the install takes several minutes to complete.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

Caution:

You need to be absolutely sure that all .orig files in the file set you are copying from match the stock files in the Venus OS version you are creating a file set for. If any files don't match you could render the system nonfunctional.

It would be best to wait for the fguiot to create the file sets properly.

I believe this package came into being well after v3.20~7 so there may be no way for the author to create a file set for it.

The other option is to update Venus OS to the current release candidate which is actually recommended process for running beta software.

2 comments
2 |3000

derrick thomas avatar image derrick thomas commented ·

@Kevin Windrem fguiot did not include the .orig files in the package. I can confirm however that the files are the same. I have been manually installing this package since Venus os v2.92. there were some changes between v2.92 and v3.00, but the files are the same from v3.00 up to now (v3.20~33).

On a side note, I have added the orig files to my systems file set v3.12 in the meantime, until the package gets updated. Also had to add the RemoteGPIO.json service to the FileSets directory. Auto update has been working without a hitch from 3.12 to 3.13. there is however a changes to services.json in 3.20~33 fguiots package is currently only up to Venus os v3.12.

0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem derrick thomas commented ·
You should let fguiot know directly as he might not see this thread.
0 Likes 0 ·
beagle avatar image
beagle answered ·

Thanks for the answers. I will try update.

1 comment
2 |3000

derrick thomas avatar image derrick thomas commented ·
Did you get it figured out? As Kevin said it would be best to update to the latest beta. If for some reason you absolutely need to stay with 3.20~7 you can send me the .orig files from /data/RemoteGPIO/FileSets/v3.20~7 and I can make the files needed from that. Be advised that when fguiot pushes an update it will overwrite the new files you create, but it shouldn't be a problem as the files would be the same anyway.
0 Likes 0 ·