question

treejohnny avatar image
treejohnny asked

Venus W/BMV712 on USB not showing under remote console

So I have 2 solar chargers connected through the VEdirect ports and the BMV712 connect to Venus through the USB. I am able to see BMV712 as connected device and see info as widget in advanced but I am sure there is a way to see BMV712 info in overview like I did when connected through VEdirect?

Venus OS
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

treejohnny avatar image treejohnny commented ·

Maybe this will get a response in the VRM category?

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @treejohnny

The BMV should work through usb just the same as on ve.direct connection.

Did you do a reboot so the old connection is forgotten?

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

I didn't 'reboot' through software but I did power cycle it. The biggest letdown is that the battery info is not on the landing screen of VRM like it was before.

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ treejohnny commented ·

I found the problem, the battery monitor was selected with the old connection, and because a different connection leads to a 'new' device in the list, this 'new' device needed to be selected as 'battery monitor'

I took the liberty of changing the setting for you.

0 Likes 0 ·

Thank You!!

I kept trying to find the setting in the portal without going into the ‘Remote Console’, duh.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources