question

mikesalad avatar image
mikesalad asked

Quattro 48v 8000/110

1. I recently done a firmware update since the update the battery is showing discharge and does not show charging
  2. Everything was working fine until this I have messed around with some settings but still can’t get it back to where it was I have a smart shunt fitted and a mppt 250 100 mc4 ve can linked to a 1000 dc distributor I am not to clever when it comes to this stuff but need help in trying to solve this img-5329.png
firmware update
img-5329.png (396.9 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Mikesalad

A firmware update wipes out all previous inverter programming.

Did you re program the inverter after the firmware update?

6 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mikesalad avatar image mikesalad commented ·

Yes it was recalibrate with all the original settings. But still didn’t work. Now it doesn’t show the state of charge correctly even when batteries are full. Also mppt charging batteries but not showing on the system. I got to keep checking the voltage. To know they are charging .also smart shunt not showing Soc

0 Likes 0 ·
img-5338.png (122.4 KiB)
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ mikesalad commented ·
Did you update all the system parts? The shunt, mppt GX and inverter?

The shunt should not have been affected by the firmware update. And neither should the MPPT settings have been affected.

Did the system loose power at any time? The --- on the shunt display usually means that the batteries have not been fully charged so the SOC can synchronise. See this section in the manual.

0 Likes 0 ·
mikesalad avatar image mikesalad Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Every thing was updated. The system was installed by a local company I have contacted them on numerous occasions and are not returning my calls. So I have a system which I cannot use properly. I think it needs a full system re-install I do regret buying this victron system at a cost of nearly 10k .i had a local company come and look at it he advised me to pull it all out and sell it because it’s to tTechnical and replace with a different system

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ mikesalad commented ·
It is a pity things have been mishandled. there are two types of installers unfortunately the box movers and then the installer with service and back up.

A Victron when set up right is a no think system for the user.

0 Likes 0 ·
mikesalad avatar image mikesalad Alexandra ♦ commented ·
You are 100% right the company I bought it off promised the earth but once they have your money the back up is non existent thank you for trying to help me but looks like I will take system out and replace with one that a local company can replace or repair
0 Likes 0 ·
sylk avatar image sylk mikesalad commented ·
No offence, but they sound to be just as bad as the previous ones
0 Likes 0 ·