question

m1kkel avatar image
m1kkel asked

Ev Charging station + Tesla - Charging does not start until app is open

Hello

Im using the EV Charging station NS, and i own a Tesla. My friend have the exact same setup as me.

We both have the same issue, that pluggin in the car and setting a schedule in the tesla to start at eg. 02:00 doesnt work, until we in the morning open the Tesla app. The charging simply does not start.

Before this we had other chargers, where we did not have this issue.

The Charging station NS is in manual mode. I have tried to turn on charging as soon as i plug in the car, then it stops ofcourse, and sometimes the Tesla schedule then have success charging the car in the night. Sometimes not.

It makes no sense!

Any ideas?

ev charging station
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

I can test it on my side. I'm usually using the EVCS scheduler, not the one on the tesla app, and that works all the time. But yes, it should work from the car side also. Can you double-check if this is enabled? 1701100497294.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1701100497294.png (87.9 KiB)
4 Answers
m1kkel avatar image
m1kkel answered ·

Hello. Sorry for the late reply. Yes that feature is enabled.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

m1kkel avatar image
m1kkel answered ·

Hello. Sorry for the late reply. Yes that feature is enabled.

3 comments
2 |3000

ok, I will test it on my side and return with an answer
1 Like 1 ·
m1kkel avatar image m1kkel Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
DId you test it yet?
0 Likes 0 ·
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ m1kkel commented ·
You have my answer below. And there is somebody else that confirmed there are no issue. I checked on an 2016 model S and a 2023 model X. On both, charging can be restarted from the vehicle app, also using scheduler.
0 Likes 0 ·
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Working ok my side, can you perform the CP calibration procedure on the evcs and try again?

3 comments
2 |3000

m1kkel avatar image m1kkel commented ·
Sorry, didnt see the reply. I will try to do the cp calibration and give you an update.
0 Likes 0 ·
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ m1kkel commented ·
ok
0 Likes 0 ·
m1kkel avatar image m1kkel Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
The real weird thing is that this have been working fine for some weeks, so i have not done the CP calibration yet. But its been an issue since i got the charger in May 2023.
0 Likes 0 ·
lucca371 avatar image
lucca371 answered ·

I own a Model 3 an cheduled charging with the Victron EVCS works without problems.
I use same settings like in Lucians picture.

2 |3000