question

dubs avatar image
dubs asked

Expanding power output of EasySolar GX

Good day all

I have small offgrid system consisting of EasySolar-II GX 48/3000, 2.7 kW of panels and 4 x Pylontech US 2000 batteries (9.6 kWh storage total).

All is working fine and no problem.

What I need is more output power, and the question is what to add to system to increase output to at least 4-5 kW permanent?

Can I consider Victron MultiPlus-II GX 48V/5000VA/70A-50/230V Inverter Charger , found new for arround 1500€?

If yes, how to connect it (i thought to keep existing EasySolar-II GX as a charger and controller , and add new MultiPlus-II GX as 220V output only

Many thanks

EasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Robert Boerescu avatar image
Robert Boerescu answered ·

You can add a multiplus 2 3000 35/32 in parallel, connect them via ve-bus, wiring scheme for paralel and multiphase are avaliable on Victron site. You need to program them to work in parallel and you see them as a single unit in VRM.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

marekp avatar image
marekp answered ·

@Dubs

As Robert suggested, you can ad from 1 to 5 MP-II 48/3000 in parallel with your EasySolar-II GX 48/3000 but make sure that the production date of the new MP-IIs are no younger than 1 year from your EasySolar. To be sure ask your distributor if the new units are capable of working properly in parallel with your EasySolar.

Do not ad in Parallel MP-II GX 48/3000 because you can have only one GX unit i the system.

2 |3000

dubs avatar image
dubs answered ·

Thanks Robert and marekp!

Can you just assist me where to find parallel connection diagram (for existing Easy Solar II GX 48/3000/35 and future Multiplus II 48V/3000VA/35A-32/230V), was looking at VE site but failed to find.

As Robert said - VE Buses to be connected (just a normal LAN cable or special type?), outputs in parrallel for sure....anything else?

If this is correct one, then in addition to aforementioned the generator inputs also need to be paralleled.

bez-naslova.pngScheme

Interesting (have never really noticed), when I look into VRM portal my Easy Solar actually shows as Multiplus 3000 (offcourse,as it is several units in single case)

bez-naslova.png

Is it big deal to program units to act as one ?

I do have a VE Bus to USB MK3 dongle , have bought it just in case I needed it someday.

bez-naslova.png (55.3 KiB)
bez-naslova.png (33.2 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000