question

bigcluff avatar image
bigcluff asked

Multiplus Firmware Update

Hello! I have a HQ1322A9NA8 Multiplus 3000 12v inverter that I am trying to update so my parents can use the new victron connect software to interact with their inverter. I contacted Victron thru the general email but that sales person was combative and completely useless to the situation. I am simply looking for which firmware I should update with to allow victron connect to be used with the system, as I can’t make heads or tails of the file names for the firmware.

Any help would be appreciated!

Jason

firmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Bigcluff

I think from HQ13 the processor might be too old for the newer firmware than works with Victron connect which needs FW 415 or higher which needs the bigger processor than [edited: meaning they are too old as @Matthias Lange - DE mentioned] 19 or 20. The older ones 18 and under are not supported.

You will need to look at the number on the processor to be sure. It it is not likely.

This information is found here.

13 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bigcluff avatar image bigcluff commented ·
You have already given me more useful information that 6 emails with Johannes. Thank you for the info!
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

manual-VE.Bus-firmware-versions-explained-EN.pdf

The VE flash manual describes how to pick firmware.

If you share your chip number with the @Alexandra I can help you further.

0 Likes 0 ·
bigcluff avatar image bigcluff Alexandra ♦ commented ·

I will post the chip number when my parents arrive with the hardware. Thanks for the help!

0 Likes 0 ·

2702150 Is the number on the chipset sticker. That means it’s the current cpu? I still didn’t find the right firmware version on the victron professional site.

0 Likes 0 ·
bigcluff avatar image bigcluff bigcluff commented ·
@Alexandra chipset number above!
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ bigcluff commented ·

@Bigcluff

My apologies for the typing error in my answer - missing word than. Changed the whole meaning of the answer.

The bigger chipset is a recent chipset in the newer inverters from HQ13 it is not likely. I think 26 was near the end of HQ18 or close to there. Maybe check the serial.number again?

0 Likes 0 ·

Here is a photo of the sticker.

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ bigcluff commented ·
@Bigcluff

This is definitely out of my experience range. My earliest dabbling with Victron is from 2015 units and they cannot run ESS or Victron Connect. @Matthias Lange - DE might have more input on the chipset as he is a VIctron Veteran ;)

But I think what he has already said is the answer. As a back up the inverter is great, a GX I about the easiest way to interface with it.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ Alexandra ♦ commented ·

I also didn't expect a unit from mid 2013 to have the large CPU, must be one of the first.

The company I work for started using Victron in 2005/2006 and I started there around 2009/2010.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
19 and 20 are also to old for the 415 FW. The last FW for 19 and 20 is 159 or 209.

With 209 you get very limited access to some basic functions.

Only 26 and 27 have the "new" big CPU to use the FW 400 and higher with full VictronConnect support.

0 Likes 0 ·
bigcluff avatar image bigcluff Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

2702150 Is the number on the chipset.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ bigcluff commented ·

Alexandra already gave you all the information and links needed.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/updating_firmware:updating_ve.bus_products

You need to use VEflash (part of VE.config). The firmware file can be found on Victron Professional.

https://professional.victronenergy.com/

There is also a video available:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnltqPR9ue0

0 Likes 0 ·