question

rodlloyd avatar image
rodlloyd asked

Which unit is best for me

I just purchased a Canal Boat [I take possession in about 10days] and need to comprehend the energy use for the large amount of installed appliances [fridge, freezer, washer, dryer, electric water heater, 220 TV's]. I plan on installing a Victron BMV 700 series battery monitor. Not sure which is best. There are two starter batteries and two leisure batteries. Will the 700 do both battery sets or do I need the 702 or some other unit. Do all monitors have Bluetooth capability or do I need a specific model for Bluetooth?

I do plan on adding solar once I have more power use information.

Rod

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi Rod. Congratulations on your purchase.

There's some discussion here on the differences: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/10905/comparing-bmv-700-702-712.html

No point toying with relatively minor cost differences if you plan to jettison that shore power. To cover those loads you've a fair bit to spend yet, and you'll likely need those 'extra' features then anyway. I'd go the BMV712 Smart.

Great too that you're doing your homework. Build your system right, just the once..

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jerry34 avatar image
jerry34 answered ·
J'ai aussi un bateau en autonomie sur le canal. Je peux vous aider avec les calculs de consommation avec ma propre expérience. 
Nous avons un réfrigérateur, congélateur, télévision, machine à laver, machine à café ...
2 |3000