question

Jan Viehweger avatar image
Jan Viehweger asked

Multiplus low battery although voltage is good

Hi,

i just transplanted my Multiplus 12/3000/120-50 (xxx4) for quick and dirty testing purposes from my old rv to my new one. But the low battery led is illuminated constantly although the measured voltage on the battery connectors is like 14.xV. I know that i have to reconfigure the battery types but for quick testing it should be fine. What might be wrong? Could it be that the old system was shut down by the bms because of a low voltage alarm? If so, how can i awake the multi whithout having shore power? the mains connector ist still connected but whithout bms it makes no sense, right?

The old rev had lithium batteries with victron bms, color control gx. the multi was controlled via the remote panel and everything worked fine.

Thanks for your help!

Jan

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerlow battery warning
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Hi I suspect that there are assistants installed and as the BMS is not connected it is thinking that you have a error and as such is not allowing the inverter to start.

You will need a MK2 or MK3 and connect this to the inverter and remove those settings.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Jan Viehweger avatar image Jan Viehweger commented ·

hey paul,

it works! kicking the installed bms assistand was THE solution!

Thanks a lot!

Jan

0 Likes 0 ·
kai avatar image
kai answered ·

multiplus should turn on w/o battery connected. The measured voltage on the battery - is that open circuit or while its loaded?

2 |3000

max-herron avatar image
max-herron answered ·

not an answer and apparently not urgent. I had a low battery alarm this evening the inverter on easy 5000 which was still inverting delivering the load. The batteries with a could have been producing 240 V 1001 watt load and at 50.4 volts, the alarm said low battery 48.11 the decimal points are a guess. anybody reads this and has theory what happened. The culprit could be the washing machine which had a final spin getting towards sunset.The usual screen has reappeared on ccgx so all good guess

2 |3000