question

thepiper avatar image
thepiper asked

IP22 to battery wire size?

Hi,

I'm connecting up an IP22 Smart Charger (30A model) to charge two 110Ah leisure batteries that are connected in parallel but was unsure what wire size to use. I have some 30A rated wire here, and thought it may be suitable given (as far as I'm aware) the max output from the charger is 30A, but I wanted to be sure - still learning as I go.

So in short, what size wire would you recommend? The batteries are less than 1 metre from the charger also.

Thanks,
Ryan

installation
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
ray-mont avatar image
ray-mont answered ·

Hi you can use the “victron ToolKit” app

It Will provide you with all information

Ray

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kai avatar image kai ♦ commented ·

In addition to the above toolkit, take a look at the draft Victron document "wiring unlimited" - do a search for it on this Community. It'll give you a bit more context about DC wiring (esp section 4).

I find that generally speaking I use larger diameters than is necessary for current capacity, because I want to limit the voltage drop. The calculator should tell you the size required for a given voltage drop.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic