question

etatvictron avatar image
etatvictron asked

Some PV inverters show yield in VRM, some do not, Why?

Install has 8 Sunny Boy PV inverters, 4 newer TL-US-41 sunny boy inverters show PV yield, but 4 older TL-US-22 inverters do not. In device list you can see some information is not shown in the older units but it does have power total.

US-41 unit

us-41.png US-22 unit

screenshot-2023-11-17-111117.png

Is this a problem with the older unit not providing all the data needed to show PV yield or something else I can fix??? Thanks for any help!!!

AC PV Coupling
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@etatvictron

The Victron can I my display what it is told. So if the PV inverters don't send the information, the Victron can't display it. You can see there the unit itself doesn't even record it.

If they (SMA) allow a firmware update that might help? I have never used them myself.

But the same is true for some battery brands when old and new units are mixed.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

etatvictron avatar image
etatvictron answered ·

Don't think SMA firmware tweaks are possible.. The older units do show AC total power which is correct and should work. Guessing venus uses the sum of L1 and L2 but using the AC total instead would work as well. Any way to change what it uses??

2 |3000