question

christopher-sommer avatar image
christopher-sommer asked

Multiplus II & Pylontech - Grid connected (No Solar PV) - How to set up charge periods

Hi All,

I am looking to configure my setup to charge the batteries in off-peak electricity charge periods and discharge the batteries during peak electricity charge periods, with the caveat that if the batteries get below a certain threshold (say 30-40%) that the inverter goes back to drawing from the grid and will top the batteries up in the off-peak charging period.

Firstly, is this possible?

If so, how would I go about programming it?

I see there is some information about how to do this with Solar PV also attached, but cannot find anything specific to how I would like my system to work.

When going to the ESS tab, it says no ESS Assistant found. When following the ESS Assistant tutorial: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/assistants:how_to_add_and_configure_an_assistant, I it mentions how to set it up with Solar PV.

Would love some help on this to see if it is possible, because at the moment in time, it is only being used as a UPS, which is not my intention for the system.

Thank you in advance for any assistance with this.

battery chargingESSPylontech
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ponzoa avatar image ponzoa commented ·
Set up/configure ESS assistant as indicated in the instructions. When you get to solar, just skip it telling it there is no PV inverter. Once that's sent to the inverter, you'll be able to use the ESS module in the Cerbo and vía VRM to configure battery use and set grid charging.

To keep the batteries above a certain threshold, set batteries to Optimized without Battery life and minimum SoC unlees grid fails to the lower percentage you want (40% for example).

Inthe cerbo or VRM remote console, go to settings, ESS, scheduled charge levels, and configure as you feel appropiate.

Good luck.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Christopher Sommer

You need to program ESS. Then the Scheduled charge will be possible in the ESS menu.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:pylontech_phantom#veconfigure_settings

Unless you want to use Node Red?

There are a bunch of resources linked on the page.in the resources box.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.