question

itjob avatar image
itjob asked

Victron Smart 75/15 MPPT setting for Varta LA95 AGM

HI I am struggling to find the correct MPPT charge setting for the above Varta AGM Battery via a 160W Pannel. Should I use the pre set "AGM Spiral" or one of the "Gel Victron Deep discharge options on the controller? Thanks

MPPT ControllersAGM Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
theo74 avatar image
theo74 answered ·

When you don't use the Victron app to set the MPPT, set the jumper between 1 and 2.

When you use the Victron app, remove the jumper, and choose a Victron generic charge setting for the battery, like AGM or lead.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

itjob avatar image itjob commented ·

The only options I can find in the app are these. I have currently chosen Gel Victron Deep 1.

14.3 Absortsion, 13.8 Float 16.1 Equalisation

img-7181.png

0 Likes 0 ·
img-7181.png (316.0 KiB)
regman54 avatar image
regman54 answered ·

Also some AGM batteries like mine require the creation of a custom charge profile. Check with the battery manufacturer to see if that applies to yours as well.

2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Use the second Victron one if you can't find maker recommendations. Varta seem hard to find.

Don't use spiral cell or any others like OPzS.

2 comments
2 |3000

itjob avatar image itjob commented ·
Thanks I have set it to Gel Victron deep discharge 2 as suggested.

0 Likes 0 ·
christern avatar image christern itjob commented ·
Make sure you disable the equalisation! Not to be used for AGM batteries!

To be on the safe side, both disable equalisation and set equalisation same as float if “someone” accidentally pushes the Start now on equalisation.

I also use Varta AGMs and have chosen to be a bit cautious in my settings. Batteries get fully charged even at somewhat lower levels. Don’t remember exactly now but believe I have used 14.1 for Absorption and 13.4 for Float. This will increase charging time but will also increase the lifetime of the batteries. (Batteries are heavy and costly and I prefer not to change them for as long as possible.)

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual