question

cass avatar image
cass asked

Lost my bluetooth on my SmartSolar MPPT 150/70

I have a Victron BMV 712 and a Smartsolar MPPT 15/70. Both were appearing on my Victron Connect. Now only my BMV is appearing. I have tried turning bluetooth on and off, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. The green light is on the MPPT itself.

What is your recommendation?

Bluetooth
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

In your device's Bluetooth settings- forget devices, search for new Bluetooth devices, then re-pair.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Daniel avatar image
Daniel answered ·

Try to disconnect the MPPT from Battery and PV wait 10s and reconnect. The Bluetooth of my controller died after to many failed connects because of my phone. After this it worked again.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

michael-mccool avatar image michael-mccool commented ·

I had the same issue with a 100/30. Actually, what happened is it said bluetooth was “busy” even though nothing was connected. Note you should disconnect PV first, then the battery, then wait 10s or so, then reconnect the battery, then the PV.

This reboots it.

Needless to say, this is a PITA especially since I have big giant high-amp connectors for those connections, and would rather not be fooling with them, and don’t want to get the order wrong, either. A nice reset button would be SO much nicer.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic