question

davidtudor avatar image
davidtudor asked

Victron Cerbo GX & 3 Phase Multiplus 2, Pylontech Batteries

HI

I am running a Victron Multipluss ii 5000 x 3, on a 3 phase system.

Using the Cerbo GX to control everything, i have 8 pylontech batteries a mixture os US2000, US3000, and US5000 and now introduced a US 5000, making it 9 batteries and as I found out the Cerbo will only accept 8 batteries, is my best way to get a LV HUB from plyontech, i do have the batteries in 3 stacks and separate power going to a LYNX distribution system

pylontech lv hub
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@davidtudor

It is not a limitation of the Victron system to accept 8 Pylon batteries - it is a limit of the Pylon battery address system. Particularly the older ones.

Have you used the newest battery as the master? If not switch is around. The newer ones can address you to 16. Not sure how that will work with the mix you have though.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

davidtudor avatar image
davidtudor answered ·

I have used the brand new US5000 as the master and all connects but says 1 battery online and only charges at 25amp max.

2 comments
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Have you changed dip switch addressing on the batteries?

Would you mind sharing a screenshot of what you are seeing?

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Some times it pays to shut them all off, power the master, then start them up individually.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic