question

Jean-Pierre Richer avatar image
Jean-Pierre Richer asked

Truck camper battery charging using 2020 F350XL

Introduction:
I have a 2020 Ford F350 XL dual batteries and alternators (total 397A). 2020 camper Northern Lite model 10-2 wetbath. I have 2 x 400A lithium batteries auto-heating. As per the picture, I have a Victron Multi 12V/3000W, Smartshut battery monitor 500A, smart solar 30A/440W on 12Volts, 3 x Orion-TR Smart DC-DC charger 30amps each, 1 x Cerbo GX.

What I want to do: I want to charge my camper batteries by remotely starting the truck using the parameters from the Victron. The programming to start the truck using the parameters low voltage/high voltage has been done and the truck remote control reprogrammed to start and IT DOES.

The problem: the truck will start but will not start charging the batteries unless I put the truck in Drive. Then I see the 3 DC-DC status change from OFF to Bluk. I spoke to my Ford dealer and they tell me that they can't change the programming in the system ???? I don't know anything about the in's and out"s of all of this but common sense tells me that it is a swith/relay/solenoid/pulse, call it whatever you want that can be modified to ensure that the alternators start pushing current into the system (truck and other) as soon as the engine starts but nobody wants to venture nor figure it out.

Maybe someone in this group has come across the same issue and has found a resolution. If so, I would really appreciate some feedback....Please note that I live near Montreal, Qc. Canada

thank you in advance
Jean-Pierre screenshot-20231110-111556-teamviewer.jpg

remote start
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic