question

carl-erik-kopseng avatar image
carl-erik-kopseng asked

How can I remotely control a Victron MultiPlus 250/60 over the web?

I have the Victron MultiPlus 250/60. How can I remotely control it over the web? I see there is the Victron Color Control GX, but are there cheaper options? I would setup a LTE Arduino connection to broadcast wifi.

wifiremote start
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Carl Erik Kopseng

The Cerbo S. The colour control is out of date.

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

carl-erik-kopseng avatar image carl-erik-kopseng commented ·

There is no Cerbo S in the overview of current communication centres. When googling, I find a Victron Cerbo-S GX, the little brother of the GX. Is that/those the ones you mean?

0 Likes 0 ·
carl-erik-kopseng avatar image carl-erik-kopseng carl-erik-kopseng commented ·

Ahh, the links I added all vanished as a comment. I meant this overview: https://www.victronenergy.no/communication-centres

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ carl-erik-kopseng commented ·

We usually drop the GX suffix from Cerbo and others. So yes, the Cerbo-S is what @Alexandra recommended.

If you have a small system and can find one, the Colour Control is a still a good unit, even though it's superceded. Main limitation is the slow CPU.

If you're computer literate, you can use the Victron Venus OS on a Raspberry Pi as your GX. Details in the modifications space. Be aware there is no Victron support, just the users in modifications.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
It is with the Cerbo on the same product page.

https://www.victronenergy.com/communication-centres/cerbo-gx

The CCGX does not have inbuilt WiFi you will need a separate dongle for that if you go that route.

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ Alexandra ♦ commented ·
True, I forgot I had to find a dongle for my install.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic