question

dsomdahl avatar image
dsomdahl asked

Rotary settings for 100/50 MPPT

Settings for 100/50MPPT

I have a MPPT 100/50 connected to one Renogy 200ah Deep cycle Pure Gel Battery. I need the correct settings for the rotary switch. The controller is connected to 4X100W solar cells which are connected in parallel. Would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance

MPPT Controllerscharger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

If you consult the manual for the 100/50 it will tell you on page 7 what the charge Voltages are for each of the rotary switch positions.

Here is a link to the MPPT 100/50 manual:
https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Manual-SmartSolar-charge-controller-MPPT-100-30-&--100-50-EN-NL-FR-DE-ES-SE.pdf

Then you need to consult the datasheet for your battery and cross reference their suggested charge parameters with those for the 100/50.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dsomdahl avatar image dsomdahl commented ·

@WKirby

Great, thanks. My specs says 14.2 max charge rate and a 13.5v Float. Looking at the chart it is matched up to #7 position. It does say suggested battery type is Lithium iron phosphate for #7. Does it make a difference that mine is a Gel battery?

0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ dsomdahl commented ·

Those match, but the Lithium profile does not have temperature compensation or Equalization. Position 0 would get you closer to where you want to be.
If you really want the exact parameters then those can be configured using the Victronconnect App / software.

0 Likes 0 ·
dsomdahl avatar image dsomdahl wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks again!

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual