question

big-ste avatar image
big-ste asked

Firmware update GX

I have just updated my Cerbo GX to firmware v3.12 via VRM and now I can’t check on amy firmware through the VRM : I’m getting no ve.direct ping and after 3 minutes error 1303 no 2 way communication! Help please?

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Did you update the inverters mk3 version via the GX inverter tab?

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

big-ste avatar image big-ste commented ·
No, I just updated the Cerbo through the VRM, all the other items were fully updated.
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ big-ste commented ·
Have you tried power off/on?
0 Likes 0 ·
big-ste avatar image big-ste kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Yes I’ve rebooted the Cerbo, but will try again today. Prior to this last update all was working fine!
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ big-ste commented ·
It is hidden away in the GX settings under the inverter tab and is not shown on VRM.
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
@Big Ste

I find it easier to pull the power cable out and wait a few seconds before reconnecting.

0 Likes 0 ·
cardy01 avatar image
cardy01 answered ·

I have the same issue since upgrading to 3.12

1699444474095.png

two-way communication wasn't necessary before ......

1699444474095.png (23.3 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
It always required 2-way comms.

Again, on the GX, check the inverter section and see if it is asking for a mk3 version update.

0 Likes 0 ·
cardy01 avatar image cardy01 nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
No MK 3 update request on the inverter
0 Likes 0 ·
cardy01 avatar image
cardy01 answered ·

I assume this was a VRM issue since without doing anything everything works fine (for me) this morning.

4 comments
2 |3000

big-ste avatar image big-ste commented ·
Either that or there is a bug in v3.12
0 Likes 0 ·
cardy01 avatar image cardy01 big-ste commented ·
If that were the case I suspect a manual update of the firmware would have been necessary as it wasn't possible to communicate via VRM. I think there was a bug in one of the VRM updates which got fixed "overnight".
0 Likes 0 ·
big-ste avatar image big-ste cardy01 commented ·
I did a hard reset, pulled the power cable off the Cerbo and all working again on the VRM
1 Like 1 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ big-ste commented ·
I've a feeling that mine needed this.
1 Like 1 ·